- 125g blueberries
- 100g beetroot (grated or cooked if you do not have a high-speed blender)
- 100ml almond milk (or other plant based milk)
- 2g ginger (finely grated if you do not have a high speed blender)
- ½ tsp aronia or accai berry powder (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon
- Put all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blitz until velvety smooth.
- Add a splash of water to the blender and blitz if you would like a slightly thinner smoothie, and similarly, add some ice and blitz again for an extra cold shot of goodness.
I recommend drinking this smoothie as soon as you make it. Sometimes if you leave it aside for a little while, the mixture can separate and go quite gloopy. Don't worry at all if this happens though - just put the smoothie back in the blender and blitz it up until it becomes smooth again.